- Maintains soil maps and information for Ohio’s 88 counties
- Conducts field investigations to update existing soils information
- Assists county Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) with soils information
- Provides training to SWCD staff on utilizing soils information to support land use decisions and public education
- Provides assistance to Ohio Department of Health on soil- related issues for household sewage treatment systems
- Provides assistance to Ohio Department of Taxation regarding crop yield information to calculate taxable value of agricultural land
Ohio Revised Code §1511.02
Investors, planners, land developers, contractors, homeowners, and farmers..