Since 2008, a number of day use facilities in some state parks have become Carry In Carry Out areas • Trash cans are not provided, so guests are asked to come prepared, and take their trash with them • Scroll down to see which parks have Carry In Carry Out areas
Why Carry In Carry Out?
Trash cans are unsightly in a natural setting, and they can disrupt woodland ecosystems
- Wildlife can become dependent on trash as a food source
- Pests, including bees and wasps, are also attracted to trash cans and dumpsters
When park staff spend less time and resources on trash collection, they can spend more time and resources on the facilities and programs you enjoy!
How can I help?
- Pack your picnic in reusable containers
- Choose reusable eating utensils, cups and plates
- Avoid products with excessive packaging
- Bring a trash bag with you for your outing
Close the loop! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Did you know…
- 20 other states have Carry In Carry Out programs in their parks!
- Dumpsters are still provided at overnight facilities, including campgrounds and cottage areas