BEST VIEWING & HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES
• Delaware Wildlife Area, Delaware County
• Deer Creek Wildlife Area, Fayette, Madison & Pickaway counties
• Fallsville Wildlife Area, Highland County
• Caesar Creek Lake Wildlife Area, Greene, Warren & Clinton counties
• Spring Valley Wildlife Area, Greene & Warren counties
This furbearer occurs throughout the state in farmland and mixed pasture/woodland habitats, with the majority being found in western Ohio. The statewide population trend appears to be leveling off after increases were observed during the 1990s. Increases in the value and demand for this furbearer should continue to result in increased harvest of coyotes during 2012-13. Research and development of Best Management Practices has identified traps and trapping systems that have been developed by trappers to allow for the safe, selective, and efficient capture of coyotes, while maintaining high animal welfare standards.
Survey details and historical data can be found here.
Best Management Practices for trapping coyotes can be found here.