This page last updated: 8/22/13
Floodplain Management Conference
August 28 - 29, 2013
2013 Ohio Statewide Floodplain Management Conference BROCHURE
now available for download!
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS ONLINE REGISTRATION.
The Ohio Statewide Floodplain Management Conference is an annual training event that focuses on various elements of floodplain management, such as regulations, insurance, mapping, engineering, and natural benefits. The conference is intended to develop and expand the capabilities of floodplain management professionals throughout Ohio. Conference sessions are designed to provide local floodplain managers with information and skills necessary to implement effective floodplain management programs within their respective communities.
The Ohio Statewide Floodplain Management Conference is a cooperative effort between the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), and the Ohio Floodplain Management Association (OFMA).
Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Refresher course (August 28) attendance provides the following:
- 6 Continuing Education Credits (CEC) toward Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Certification through the Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM)\
Conference attendance (August 28-29) provides the following:
- 12 Continuing Education Credits (CEC) toward Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Certification through the Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM)
- 12 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for Registered Professional Engineers
- 8 Continuing Education Credits for Building Officials by the Ohio Board of Building Standards (BBS)
Advanced HEC-RAS Course (only) - Cancelled
All conference information will be posted on this website. For questions about this conference, please contact ODNR at 614-265-1006.
The Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) examination will be offered:
*****The CFM EXAM scheduled for Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at ODNR has been cancelled.
- Thursday, August 29, 2013 at the Doubletree Columbus/Worthington
The Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Refresher Course will be offered:
- Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at ODNR
Visit www.floods.org for more information regarding the CFM Exam and Course.
The conference will be held at:
The Doubletree Columbus/Worthington
175 Hutchinson Avenue
Columbus, OH 43235
Standard Room Rate is $94 + tax. Block of rooms will be held until August 12, 2013. (Room rates and availability cannot be guaranteed beyond this date.) Indicate that you are attending the "OFMA Conference".
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD HOTEL TAX EXEMPTION INFORMATION
If you have any questions regarding the 2013 Ohio Statewide Floodplain Management Conference, please contact Alicia Silverio at 614-265-1006 or email@example.com.