H. R. Collins Laboratory
Classroom & Learning Center
The HRCL learning center features visual displays highlighting Ohio geology, rocks, minerals, fossils, and research activities of the Division of Geological Survey. Free publications, maps, and brochures also are available.The classroom and conference room at the HRCL is intended primarily for use by divisions and offices of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Other State of Ohio agencies and employees are welcome to use the classroom/conference room during normal business hours.
After-hours and weekend requests to use the classroom/conference room are considered on a case-by-case basis and only a limited number of requests are granted. Please review the after-hours/weekend policy for more information. To reserve your next meeting at the HRCL, please review our reservation instructions and classroom usage policies. All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Maximum seating capacity:
- Auditorium setting (chairs only): 73
- Classroom setting (tables and chairs): 48
- Slide projector and large viewing screen
- 27-inch television with VHS Player
- Panaboard for non-permanent markers
Sound system: None
- Available with login to ODNR network
- Wireless Internet service now available
Telephone and data lines: Available
Power outlets: Available
Extension cords/surge protectors: Available
- Two wheelchair-accessible spaces
- 39 additional parking spaces
- Sink without garbage disposal
- Two 12- to 42-cup capacity coffee percolators
- Users must supply/cater their own snacks, lunches, coffee, cups, etc., if desired.
Soft drink machines: Available