The following are our Division's most deeply held values and ideals. These statements will guide us as we plan, develop and implement projects. By making them part of our strategic plan, we will be reaffirming to our constituents, other agencies and our employees that these are the principles we believe are important.
The Division of Wildlife believes that:
- Input from constituents and open lines of communication with the public are essential.
- Fish and wildlife recreational is socially and economically important to Ohio.
- Sustainable consumptive use of fish and wildlife through hunting, fishing, and trapping is at the heart of effective conservation.
- Fish and wildlife management must be based on the best available science.
- Partnerships are necessary for effective fish and wildlife conservation.
- Conservation is our priority when managing lands and waters.
- The right to own and use firearms is essential to continue our hunting and shooting sports tradition.
- A dedicated and professional workforce is key to achieving long-term success.
- Effective fish and wildlife conservation requires integration of a unified wildlife agency.
- Diverse fish and wildlife populations benefit everyone.
- Providing quality customer service is critical to achieving our mission.
- Diverse and dedicated funding is necessary for fish and wildlife conservation.
- Fiscal responsibility is crucial to the future of Ohio's fish and wildlife management.