Proficiency Test Preparation
A written proficiency test will be administered for the position of Wildlife Officer Cadet. Successful completion of this exam is one of the first steps in the application and testing process for the position. The purpose of the test is to assess the applicants’ knowledge of certain topics. Questions will include a variety of multiple choice, identification, and true/false problems.
Specific areas that may be covered in the test include:
- Wildlife, fisheries, and natural resources management
- Hunting, fishing, and trapping in Ohio and related regulations
- Wildlife and fish identification
- Law enforcement and criminal justice
- Mathematics, grammar, and communications
Recommended Study Materials
The following is a list of recommended study materials and topics to be reviewed prior to the test. This list is not allinclusive and is merely a suggestion for test preparation.
Download the sample test to help prepare for the cadet proficiency test.
Sample Proficiency Test (PDF)