BEST VIEWING & HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES
• Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
• Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
• Spring Valley Wildlife Area, Greene & Warren counties
• Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
• Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne & Holmes counties
The wood duck is the most numerous breeding duck in Ohio and second only to the mallard in terms of harvest in Ohio. Wood ducks may be found on any stream, river, or lake in the state. Wood duck encounters increased in 2012 (Source: Spring Marshbird Survey), suggesting viewing and harvest opportunities in Ohio may be slightly increased compared to past years.
Survey details and historical data can be found in the Wetland Species Overview section of the 2011-2012 Wildlife Population Status and Hunting Forecast.