BEST VIEWING & HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES
• Grand River Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
• Lake LaSuAn Wildlife Area, Williams County
• Deer Creek Wildlife Area, Fayette, Madison & Pickaway counties
• Paint Creek Lake Wildlife Area, Highland & Ross counties
• Fallsville Wildlife Area, Highland County
This furbearer occurs throughout the state in farmland and mixed pasture or woodland habitats, with the majority being found in the central and northwestern portions of Ohio. The statewide population has exhibited a declining trend over the past 10 years. As such, viewing and harvest opportunities are below the long-term average. Research and development of Best Management Practices has identified traps and trapping systems that allow for the safe, selective, and efficient capture of red foxes, while maintaining high animal welfare standards.
Survey details and historical data can be found here.
Best Management Practices for trapping red foxes can be found here.