BEST VIEWING & HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES
• Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
• Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
• Big Island Wildlife Area, Marion County
• Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
• Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne & Holmes counties
Total duck production in the surveyed areas of the continent was estimated at 48.6 million. This represents a 7% increase over last year's estimate of 45.6 million, and is 43% higher than the long-term average. Most primary species showed slight increases in populations from 2011, most importantly to Ohio, blue-winged teal estimates are up 94% above long term average (1955-present). Pintails were the only species to show a decline from 2011, with 2012 estimates down 22% from 2011, 14% below the long term average (Source: Flyways.us). A wide variety of ducks may be found on any stream, river, or lake during migration in Ohio.
Survey details and historical data can be found in the Wetland Species Overview section of the 2011-2012 Wildlife Population Status and Hunting Forecast.