BEST VIEWING & TRAPPING OPPORTUNITIES
• Grand River Wildlife Area, Ashtabula County
• Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
• Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne & Holmes counties
• Egypt Valley Wildlife Area, Belmont & Guernsey counties
• Spring Valley Wildlife Area, Greene & Warren counties
This furbearer occurs in forested ponds, lakes and rivers with the highest abundance being found in the eastern and southern portions of Ohio. The statewide population trend has been stable to increasing over the past 10 years. Relatively high populations of beaver will continue to provide opportunities to harvest and observe this species during 2012-13.
Survey details and historical data can be found here.