Governor's Celebrity & Youth Turkey Hunt
The entry period has ended. Winners will be notified once they are selected.
Enter to win a dream hunt with a sports celebrity during the Governor’s Celebrity and Youth Turkey Hunt.
Nine lucky Ohio youth hunters will get to participate in the fun and hunt turkeys with a guide/ sports celebrity on May 8, 2010 (specific location to be announced later) – including food and accommodations. One lucky winner will hunt with the governor. A parent or guardian must accompany the youth for the overnight trip but will not be part of the hunt.
To enter the contest, Ohio youths should write an essay on the following topic:
My best hunt ever?
The essay should be typed and be no more than 300 words. Please read the contest guidelines below carefully. All entries must be sent to the Division of Wildlife via the electronic form. Email entries will not be accepted.
Essay Contest Guidelines
- Essay must be 300 words or less
- Youth must have successfully completed an Ohio Hunter Education course prior to submitting their essay
- Youth must be 14-17 years old when they submit the essay and be Ohio residents to be eligible to enter
- Entry must be typed and have a title page with name of youth, name of accompanying parent or guardian, address and telephone number, year and county where hunter education course was completed, age and date of birth, year in school and school attended, and email address for notification if applicable
- A 2010 hunting license and spring turkey permit will be required
- Submit your essay via an electronic form.
- Entries must be submitted by March 15, 2010
- Winning entrants will be notified by April 16, 2010
- Past essay winners are not eligilble to participate.
- Three alternate winners will be selected in case of cancellations
Judges will be selected by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife, and judge’s decisions will be final. All essays become the property of the Ohio Division of Wildlife and may be published in Wild Ohio or other publications.