Make a Pine Cone Feeder
What you need:
- pine cones
- peanut butter
- butter knife
- cookie sheet or tray to work on
What to do:
- Tie a string around the top of the pine cone. This will be used to hang your feeder outside.
- Spread the birdseed out on the cookie sheet or tray, and set aside.
- Using a butter knife, spread peanut butter on the pine cone. Be sure to fill all of the crevices of the pine cone.
- Roll the pine cone in the birdseed until it is full.
- Hang your feeder outside and wait for birds to enjoy it!
Each species of bird has its own food preference. Experiment with different types of bird seed and even fruits for a wider variety of birds. You can even build a bird blind to watch the birds enjoying your feeder up close!
With the help of an adult, you can also follow these video instructions to make a pine cone feeder without peanut butter: