License and Game Check System
What You Need to Know
Find a License/Game Check Agent
Social Security Number Requirement
New HIP certification process
New electronic game check system
Become an authorized license and game check agent
In 1999, the Ohio Division of Wildlife automated its hunting and fishing license sales system, known as “point-of-sale” or “P.O.S.” It was the Division’s first step into the world of electronic products and services delivery.
In 2004, the Division of Wildlife began offering licenses on the Internet, and followed up in 2005 by offering online controlled hunt submissions.
The Wild Ohio Customer Relationship Management System is the next step in the evolution of product and service delivery. The system went into effect in March 2011.
What is a Customer Relationship Management System?
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) entails all aspects of interaction a company has with its customer, whether it be sales or service related.
This system is the Division of Wildlife’s new CRM and will include Web-based license and game-check system. The Division is taking advantage of available technology in its continuing effort to better serve sportsmen and women. The new system is cost-efficient, and user-friendly. Transactions occur in real time. Because of this, the Division is better able to enforce laws and business rules. The Division of Wildlife is confident in this system.
Hunters and anglers are able to purchase and print licenses and permits instantly via the Internet from home or at a license agent.
Deer and turkey hunters are able to easily and conveniently check game on the Internet, over the phone, or at any license agent.
For the Division of Wildlife, this system is much more than a license system. It incorporates better management and integration of all aspects of interaction the Division has with each customer, whether it be sales or service related, into a single customer account. Customers have the ability to manage their own account on the Internet using secured access (see figure 1).
This licensing and game-check system strengthens and enhances the Division’s fish and wildlife management practices. Sound wildlife management ensures healthy, sustainable wildlife populations for the benefit of hunters, anglers and trappers.
Benefits of the New System
The Active Network is the largest global provider of integrated technology solutions, marketing services and online media properties that encourage and enable participation in activities and events. The Active Network is either maintaining or developing automated hunting and fishing licenses systems for 26 states. Read More.
- License sales and game-check transactions are performed in real time and are available on the Web during holidays and before or after license agent business hours.
- The system offers one-stop shopping for licenses, stamps, and hunter education courses from the convenience of home via the Internet.
- Hunters are still required to check-in their game, but no longer have to take their harvest to a check station for physical inspection.
- Will save hunters and anglers on fuel costs, time, and frustrations with closed license sales outlets/check stations, which equates to more time in the field.
- Helps to ensure customers are properly licensed.
- The system will not sell to those under license suspension or other restrictions.
- Allows biologists and law enforcement to electronically gather data to manage wildlife and enforce Ohio’s hunting regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions about the new system