Information to Applicant
To honor the memory of Wildlife Officer/Field Supervisor Larry A. Hart, the Ohio Wildlife Officers' Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #143, and the Twin Valley Rod & Gun Club have established the Larry A. Hart Memorial Scholarship. Officer Hart's thirty-year legacy of integrity and commitment to the profession of Wildlife Management and Law Enforcement set a timeless standard for all future officers. Additional information is as follows:
1. Type of scholarship: This is a one-year scholarship in the amount of $500. Payment of the scholarship will be made directly to the Bursar of the college where the recipient is or will be attending.
2. Who may apply?
A. Any person who is an Ohio resident;
B. Any person who has or will be graduated from an accredited high school;
C. Any person who is or will be enrolled in an accredited college and will be pursuin a career in the field of law enforcement, or natural resources.
3. What are the requirements?
A. GOAL - The applicant shall express a desire to pursue a career in the natural resources and/or law enforcement professions.
B. INTEREST - The applicant must have a serious interest in advancing his or her education in natural resources and/or law enforcement studies.
C. SELECTION OF INSTITUTION - The recipient of this scholarship must choose to attend an accredited institution, be it college, university, or technical college.
D. ATTITUDES AND ACTIVITIES - The applicant shall demonstrate the upstanding character and positive personal attributes necessary for becoming a successful public servant through his or her participation in extracurricular activities, such as church and/or other community service.
4. The application: It is important that all requested information be supplied promptly in a neat, accurate, and honest format. Do not hesitate to add additional sheets when necessary. Also, the attached Recommendation for Scholarship form must be returned to:
The Larry A. Hart Memorial Scholarship Committee
120 Wayne Ave.
Eaton, Ohio 45320
5. Due date for all documents: The Larry A. Hart Scholarship Committee shall receive all documents pertinent to your application on or before the 15th of March.
6. The recipient of this scholarship will be required to submit a suitable photograph. This photograph will accompany the news release.