East Shoreline Drive and Water Street
411 East Water Street
N 41° 27.56’
W 082° 42.43’
|The 8-acre Shoreline Park occupies land of three former industrial-commercial piers north of the intersection of East Shoreline Drive and Water Street in downtown Sandusky.
As early as 1846, piers were known to exist at Shoreline Park. The piers were used to ship iron ore, grain, lumber, sand, crushed stone and packaged freight. Ferry boats and barges wintered at the piers, last used in 1973.
Today, this site offers many amenities including a picnic shelter where the railroad roundhouse once was, tables, restroom facilities, playground equipment, drinking fountains, walking paths, a concession stand, sculptures and ample parking affording scenic views of Sandusky Bay.
In 2001, an Ohio Coastal Management Program grant funded, in part, the construction of a handicap-accessible fishing station/observation deck at the northwest corner of the park’s western pier. Fishing is also allowed from the entire shore area, which occupies nearly 3,700 feet of accessible waterline due to the site’s layout on the former piers.
Shoreline Park is on the Sandusky Bay Pathway; bike rentals are seasonally available at the park’s concession stand. The park is adjacent to the east of the ODNR Division of Wildlife’s Sandusky Fish Research Station and Law Enforcement Office.
Select for interactive map viewer of Ohio's Lake Erie Public Access sites
Amenities and Services: